TOMS© (Total Mediation System)
TOMS© is a proven market leader in monetization of network usage. As a comprehensive CDMA, GSM, LTE and WiFi Mediation and Roamer Billing Solutions Suite utilized by leading operators worldwide, those deploying 4G LTE networks and Machine-to-Machine (M2M) services can also capitalize on the numerous benefits.
- Compliant with all major wireless network elements
- Hosted Managed Services
- Dedicated Infrastructure
- Robust Rating Engine
- Comprehensive CIBER and TADIG Edits & Validations
- Conversion Services for CIBER to TAP, TAP to CIBER, and either to/from Proprietary Formats
- Comprehensive Web Services Reporting and Analytics
- Intuitive Network to Billing and Billing to Settlement Assurance Features
- Trusted, Reliable, Proven Worldwide
- SAS70/SSAE16 Approved
- Secure anytime, anywhere access
TOMS utilizes strong, commercial strength infrastructure and technology. Most customers elect our managed services for cloud-based benefits where we provide all of the necessary hardware and infrastructure. We can provide direct network connections to your network elements for Network Mediation and Switch File Collection, or Switch Files can be electronically sent to TOMS by your own systems. TOMS Rating Engine is rules-based for maximum feature functionality and flexibility. TOMS may be the only Roamer Billing Solutions Suite to offer full Clearinghouse edits and validations. TOMS is SAS70/SSAE16 Approved and provides secure anytime, anywhere access through https web services for reporting and analytics. Operators’ benefit tremendously by utilizing TSS’s TOMS solution for dedicated Roamer Billing and other forms of Network Monetization.
- Revenue Collection: Accelerate and maximize network monetization and roaming revenue generation with robust network mediation/ switch file collection, edit & validation, rating and conversion services for timely and accurate billing.
- Reduced Revenue Loss: Reduce return losses caused by invalid roaming records with fully compliant Clearinghouse edits and validations built into the systems. Also, robust error correction and immediate re-processing when necessary to avoid the effort and cost usually associated with the handling of returned records.
- Flexible Edits: Increase data editing accuracy using industry standard edits but with configurable rulebooks for customizations. All transactions will undergo Clearinghouse edits and validations.
- Revenue Assurance: Secure revenue assurance with fully automated systems and reconciliation features to minimize leakage and special validation to assure applicable rates per roaming agreements.
- Improved System Integrity: Improve billing system integrity and scalability by offloading system-processing demands, thereby delaying upgrades for hardware/software as usage increases.
- Scale Your Business: Maximize efficiencies and minimize impacts to overall operations through dedicated systems. Also, ask us to learn more about the significant benefits of separating home and roamer billing to benefit your business.
- Reduced Operational Costs: Reduce costs by freeing up in-house operations personnel and expertise with an inability to meet timely demands.
- Edit/Validation: The system’s intelligence protects revenue with:
- Input/output validations to manage the integrity of usage events (i.e. field edits, roaming agreements, rating, etc.).
- System and process audit controls, including reject assurance mechanisms that exceed approved industry standards defined by the GSMA, CIBERNET and Financial Net Settlement programs.
- Automated correction services (recycling) for re-processing capabilities.
- Aggregation and correlation on Visited/Home PMN and SID/BID.
- Rating: Rating capabilities of the system most commonly include calculation of airtime, toll, and surcharges. Additional functionality supports data rating, international rating, and currency conversions. Rules based rating features can support virtually any form of event monetization.
- Conversion/Formatting: The system converts records to Transferred Account Procedure (TAP) and Cellular Inter-Carrier Billing Exchange Roamer (CIBER) Record formats or proprietary formats via configuration agents. It ensures on-going compliance with all applicable industry standards. TOMS is also compliant with a majority of wireless network elements in use worldwide.
- Exchange: The system electronically securely distributes output files such as foreign roamer batches. Configuration agents provide automated capabilities to securely route files to desired destinations. This feature can include a designated clearinghouse, billing system, and/or direct-connect exchange with another roamer partner. This includes assurance controls, transmittals, and archival services.
- Reporting: Secure anytime, anywhere HTTPS E-TRENDS© Web-based reporting and analytics provides detailed assurance controls, settlement services, and management reporting. These intuitive analytics allow the end user to manage network to billing assurance as well as the settlement services between multiple operators and a clearinghouse, or an operator and their respective roaming partners. You can easily extract reports in XLS or PDF formats as well as generate graphs.
- Scalability: The system supports both horizontal and vertical scalability for carrier-grade performance with large-scale transaction volumes to accommodate future subscriber growth.
- Monitoring: The system has both internal and external monitoring. Web based tools enable real-time monitoring at each stage and status of processing.
- WiFi Hotspot 2.0 Monetization: Enabling monetization and roamer billing for WiFi Networks (e.g. roamer billing for Hotspot 2.0.
- Universal Compliance: Compliance for all common wireless technologies including Advance Mobile Phone System (AMPS), Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA), Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA), One Times Radio Transmission Technology (1xRTT), Evolution-Data Optimized (EVDO), Global System for Mobile Communications (GSM), Global Packet Radio Service (GPRS) including CAMEL Services, Long Term Evolution (LTE), WiFi/Hotspot 2.0, Machine-to-Machine (M2M), Short-Messaging Services (SMS), Multi-Media Messaging Services (MMS), Content, and emerging technologies. TOMS is compliant with a majority of wireless network elements in use worldwide.
Seamless integration with the network elements and mediation components provides operator with a comprehensive system to maximize revenue generation for network monetization.
- Highly scalable, performance oriented technology to delivery optimum throughput and timeliness of services.
- Robust feature functionality with end-to-end assurances capabilities and audit trail of every transaction that flows through the system.
- Industry compliance with improved integrity of collection, rating and conversion services with built-in Clearinghouse edits and validations.
- Ability to dynamically set rating and other settings without impacting any other systems.
- Access to all records for a pre-determined length of time. Your monetized data is available in minutes or hours, rather than days or weeks.
- Compliant with a majority of all wireless network elements in use worldwide.
- Experience and Subject Matter Expertise of our team.
- Our commitment to your future compliance backed by a world-class service level agreement (SLA).
BENCH MARKING, DISASTER RECOVERY AND CLUSTERING
Based on operator volumes, the system can be configured through the use of threads and servers. Each server can support up to 8 threads for processing. Each thread can be configured to process one large operator or many small operators. In addition, the system can be configured with multiple servers (clustering) and each of those servers support up to 8 threads.
Given this configuration (clustering and multiple threading), if any clustered server fails, the processing will switch to another server for completion. Ultimately, the cluster of servers also serves as the disaster recovery feature.
Estimated processing power per thread is 10,000 records per second. Multiplying that by 8 threads equals 80,000 records per second per server. The system performance per hour would be 288,000,000 records per server.
Let us show you how we can increase your roaming revenues, reduce your costs, and increase your operational efficiencies.